After a regrettably long hiatus, I am very happy to announce that our NWN RP server is back online and with an updated module not only to correct some of the issues people have been experiencing, but also to add new stuff! Full changelog below.
The biggest issue our update fixes is the SQL problem, which thanks to Visavant now successfully registers new characters to the database. If you made a new character since the migration it is highly advisable to re-make that character to avoid any problems. Sorry about that. You may work with a DM to transfer any items that your bugged character currently has on them.
With that in mind, if you experience any bugs with your character, problems with any new or existing areas, or any other trouble that needs to be addressed by a DM or Developer, please post them in the Bug Reporting Thread. That's right! Feel free to make full use of the forum because it has been decided that we are staying with enjin.
If you have any questions feel free to let me know!
- Training Droid Conversations - Players can now level through experience at all the vocational schools.
- SQL issues - New Characters will now successfully register to the SQL without any errors.
- DM Experience Rewards - Potabro's suggested system, oulined here, implemented.
- Item Collectables - Item collectables, like Ancient Tech and Strange Minerals, now give XP bonus directly proportionate to how many you have collected. Ancient Relics, though, offer 2x the current amount collected.
- Player Commendation Tool - Now only offers a flat 100 XP commendation to fellow players.
- Anchorhead - Anchorhead's layout has been slightly changed to give a better feeling of winding back alleys and meanstreets. The entrance near the Cantina is now more integrated with the marketplace. Near the spaceport, a vacant Cantina has been added! (See Added Section!)
- Anchorhead Outskirts - Small update to reflect the new shape of the Anchorhead entrance
- Western Valley - Updated to reflect roleplay in the area related to constructing an outpost and attempting to grow plants under the hot suns!
- Interior, Caves - Changed to "Tempo's Dug Out" to reflect the above RP. (See note below changelog **)
- Interior, Citadel - The Citadel has been reduced to mostly government functions. All the stores etc. have been moved outside.
- New Garang - New Garang is growing, it now sports a store, medical center, mechanics shop, and small Republic Garrison. All the building in town are enterable.
- Forest Wall - Now links to Ancient Wood instead of Forgotten Enclave.
- Ancient Wood - Now links to Forest Wall instead of Forgotten Enclave.
- Edgewood - Added a small stump to sit on so you can take a break from getting messily devoured by forest creatures.
- Forgotten Enclave - Changed to Enclave Grounds, the cave entrance now works. Area is only accessible by those with the means to find it. ;)
- DM NPC Room - Small room for DMs to submit NPCs they constantly use so they are available in the module at start-up. Reduces event set up time!
- Event, Jungle - Jungle area, created by PS, for event purposes.
- Abandoned Cantina, Anchorhead - Added a vacant Cantina near the spaceport. Could be used for secret meetings, deals, or maybe a PC will come by and purchase it and make a go of running a Cantina in the rough city.
- Garang Interiors - Added Interior, General and Interior, Base to govern the inside of the New Garang buildings.
- Jedi Enclave - Added Interior, Jedi Enclave, Interior, Grotto, and Interior, Upper Jedi Enclave to govern the new Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.
** Note: I think it is very important that our characters can directly affect the Galaxy around them, and I hope to support that through module development. I want to make it possible that your character can build a house, business, or base, and have that area be in the module for you. Or, maybe you destroy something, that can be added (I guess subtracted) as well.
Once again, if you notice a bug with these new areas or systems, please let us know! Thanks.